photo home-7.png photo about-12.png photo portfolio.png photo contact-7.png photo services.png

Friday, February 14, 2014

Gift Guide: Watercolors

Lately I have had a thing for watercolor.  And while I definitly LOVE my Waterlouge app... 


I'm still a sucker for the real deal.  

Let me introduce you to three super talented watercolourists that I have worked with recently...

First up is the talented Inslee from Inslee by Design.  Who is actually a college friend of some of my highschool friends!  Anyway she is an incredible talent, check out her website!!!  She did paintings of both my sister and mama for their birthdays this year, and my brother had her paint, Hila and her dog Maude for Valentine's Day, and all three portraits turned out great!!!

Take a look...










Next up is Diedre Wicks, from the Water in my Paint shop,
 who you may remember from the "Ballet Birdies" in Mae Mae's room...


Still love them so much!  

Well it turns out that if you send her a personal message through Etsy (ha!) and ask her if she does comission potraits, she'll do one for you!!! (And for a great price I might add!)  So here's the back story, right before Davy was born, I got a great pic of Mae Mae with about 20 bows in her hair.  It was precious and my Dad totally fell inlove with the pic.  So I ask Diedre to paint the pic and we gave it to him for Christmas!  

Here's the painting...so dear.


I gave my Dad the original, but she gladly made prints for me 
and I handed those out to other relatives at Christmas too! Plus I kept one for myself! :)

And last but not least, probably my favorite "wedding gift" to give is a house portrait.  So when Davy's godparents got hitched in December, I just knew I had to get their sweet first house memorialized!  I found Amy Brearley through, you guessed it...etsy! And she was fabulous, quick, and such a joy to work with!  I highly recommend her! 




And here's a pic of it after I picked it up from the framers!  



So why not try watercolor for the next birthday, anniversary or baby gift?  
It'll become a family heirloom and I know the recipent will cherish it greatly!!!


Happy Valentine's Day folks!

XO
P + P 




1 comment: