photo home-7.png photo about-12.png photo portfolio.png photo contact-7.png photo services.png

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Copy Cat Chic: Lacefield Designs

I really hate to admit this, but I'm a total copycat, a lot of what ends up in my house, is an idea that I totally "borrow" from someone else.  In fact I think most things in design are that way, (that's why they are called trends), so please don't judge me too much!  

Anyway are y'all familiar with Lacefield Designs?  If not, you should be!  They are a wide ranging home decor business that includes textiles, decorative pillows, drapery panels and art. And everything is gorgeous!!!  Especially this pillow that I've had my eye on for quite a while...it's just the punch of pinky coral that I needed to add to my living room!


Isn't it pretty? Well it's pricey too! $208 for just one pillow...and I needed 2! 
So since I have about 100 other things that I need/have/want to spend $416 on

 this is what I did...

I bought 2 of these velvet pillow from one of my favorite etsy shops





for only $55 each



Then I headed over to MJ Trim and bought this greek key ribbon 
(thanks for the rec House Happy Designs!!!




I bought 3 yards, and with a 15% first time buyer discount, I paid about $24.00



then I had the lovely and talented pillow lady of Shreveport, Mrs. V
 (thanks again for the rec House Happy Designs!!) sew on the ribbon.  



which cost me only $21 in labor....

so total cost of the entire pillow project was only $155 (for 2 pillows)!!!!!
I'd say that's a heck of a lot better than $416,
 and I actually like the pink of my pillows better for the room! 

Wahoo!

Here they are looking all cute...






I am so pleased with my copycat project!  I hope this proves too, that sometimes you can actually SAVE money by going the custom route.  

Especially if you are needing a very specific look.  If you want help fluffing up your couch, contact padandparty@gmail.com!  I'd love to help you get a new look with pillows!

Full Disclosure:  One thing I did have going for me was that I already owned the down pillow inserts.  I'm not sure whether or not the Lacefiled pillows came with inserts, so it would have added about $20 to the cost of the project, if I had to buy them as well.  And I always suggest going with down inserts even though they cost more.  It looks so much better (and is more comfortable) when pillows are fluffy!

Thanks for reading!  

Do you have any copy cat moments that you are proud of?  

If so, please share!!

XO
P + P




2 comments:

  1. You go Girl! I love finding great deals and your copy cat chic pillows turned out fab! GREAT advice!

    ReplyDelete