photo home-7.png photo about-12.png photo portfolio.png photo contact-7.png photo services.png

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Favorite Finds: Black and White Abstract Art

I love using black and white in interiors.  The contrast is gorgeous, the colors are classic, and it is cozy and exciting all at the same time!  And while I think the Kardashians have taken the whole black and white color scheme a little too far...I think in small doses, b + w =  perfection!  In fact, I try to incorporate a little black and white in every room I decorate.  Here are some of my favorite ways to do so...

Black and White Penny Tile in a Bathroom


an Alabaster Lamp with a Black Shade


or in a fun fabric... I have a super big crush on Kelly Wearstler's "Confetti" in Cream


Another fun way to use black and white in your casa is through artwork.










One of my closest friends, Courtney, has a beautiful set of black and white art that hangs in her adorable living room.  Every time I go visit her, I always admire them (along with the rest of her gorgeous house!!), and she was sweet enough to share them with us!  

Take a look at how she incorporated black and white art in her living room!



Gosh they look so great with the navy chairs and beautiful hardwoods...
thank you so much for sharing Court!!! It is perfect!!!

Feeling inspired?  Here is a tutorial on how to get the b + w look and get the kids involved (I'm seriously thinking about letting Mae Mae do this for me! so fun!) 

Or here is a link to some beautiful black and white original artwork on Etsy!  

XO
P + P 



  






1 comment: