photo home-7.png photo about-12.png photo portfolio.png photo contact-7.png photo services.png

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Davy's Nursery: Before and Inspiration

Today I am sharing with you the Before pictures of Davy's nursery and the inspiration for his little room!  First I should explain our house is truly only a 4 bedroom house (2 bedrooms upstairs, and 2 downstairs) however the previous owners used an extra room on the 2nd floor as an office and since it is right next to Mae Mae's room, we decided it would belong to little man!  It is literally 1/4th the size of Mae Mae's room, but I think it's just the perfect size for a newborn and hopefully he wont outgrow it too quickly!  There is also something nice about having limited furniture in a room, just the bare necessities, it's simple and gets the job done.


DAVY'S NURSERY: BEFORE




We decided to paint the walls before we even knew we were pregnant because it was just so dark without a ceiling fixture and there were one million holes in the wall from all those pictures.  But I totally regret it.  TIP: Always distinguish the purpose of a room before you commit to a paint color.  Pick out fabrics or something that you can base the color off of that you love.  So needless to say I wish I had gone with a brighter/lighter color, maybe a oatmeal linen white or a super light blue, BUT we did this room on a very tight budget and paint just seemed a lot less important when it came down to it...I mean Davy just had to have a Leontine Linen pillow in his room!!!  I pick my battles :)

Since I did Mae Mae's room so "baby" I was excited to try out a little more "boyish" design for Davy.  However don't get me wrong, If I had had a little boy first, I would have done it just like Mae Mae's room, except substitute light blue for pink.  I totally appreciate the "baby-ness" of babies and am actually a little surprised I went so grown up in his room!  Anyway once we found out Davy was a Davy, visions of longhorns, decoys, vintage toys, star maps and dark wood furniture started floating around in my head.  This all pleased the hubby because he is a big outdoorsy manly man (he will only wear Wranglers, I literally cried last week in J.Crew because he refused to try on any "designer" jeans...) Davy's room has been the easiest design project ever.  The whole space came together in like 3 weeks and I can't wait to show it to you!  Here is the inspiration behind the design.  



DAVY'S NURSERY: DESIGN BOARD


XO
P + P


No comments:

Post a Comment