photo home-7.png photo about-12.png photo portfolio.png photo contact-7.png photo services.png

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

She Get it from Her Mama...


Hey!!  Out of babyland for a second to share a new feature..."She Get it from Her Mama" (like the song :) !  I know I've explained this before, but my mother is definitely one of my biggest design influences.  Growing up in our home was not only cozy and fun, but totally inspiring to me!   She has great taste and could be an interior decorator herself, if she wasn't so busy volunteering and saving the world!  She has worked with incredible interior designer, Cathy Chapman, over the years to create an elegantly comfortable home filled with love.  I am not ashamed to say that I totally "copy cat" my mom's style and try to put my own spin on it.  

This will be the first "She Get it from Her Mama" feature.  You can expect to see pictures of both of our homes and how I translate my mom's inspirational vignettes and decor into my own.  Today I will be sharing our gallery wall stairs!  Both filled with black and white family photos.  The thing I love most about my mom's stairs (besides all the sweet pictures of my relatives) is the white mats mixed with the different frames.  I had to stick with black frames from Michaels and Hobby Lobby for budget reasons, but I hope one day I'll be able to collect beautiful vintage frames like my mothers!  Take a look at our "walls-of-frame"!  Haha that was so corny...
MOM'S WAY







------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


MY WAY





And a big THANK YOU to my mother in law
 who helped me hang each one of those frames in one afternoon!  

1 comment:

  1. and oh how I loved hanging most of those frames for your sweet mama!

    ReplyDelete