photo home-7.png photo about-12.png photo portfolio.png photo contact-7.png photo services.png

Thursday, September 5, 2013

P + P's Favorite Finds: Back to School

Tuesday was Mae Mae's first day of Mother's Day Out!!!  She had so much fun meeting all her new friends and she adores her teachers!  I had been a wreck, totally dreading leaving her for the past few months, (the chick had only been to Sunday School nursery a few times and I just couldn't imagine actually getting in my car and driving away without her) and so I distracted myself by stocking up on all sorts of cute school things for her/"me" for the big day!!!

First things first, we had to grab the Oh Mint backpack and lunch sack from Moms 2 Bee... in pink seersucker.




And next came the very important nap mat, which I had made to match the back pack and lunch sack (obviously:)...I found the cutest little circus theme fabric to coordinate with the seersucker and Mimi Made It Designs sewed it all up for me!  And let me tell you, it's so comfy and well made!


Here are the swatches of the nap mat fabric...



And here is Mae Mae's nap mat!  I love how it turned out!






Next was the "First Day of School" sign.  I thought about making it myself, but when I found this cute printable from Dream Weaver Prints, I decided to save myself the trouble.  


All you have to do is print it out and pop it in a frame and it was the perfect photo prop for our front porch-before school-sleepy head photo shoot!




The whole leaving her at school was surprisingly not terrible at all (except when Daddy told her good bye...she lost it).  I was even able to document the entire thing.  
Here are some pics from the momentous occasion! :)







Here's to a great first year of school!!!

XO
P + P

1 comment: